The City of Houston should focus on its core functions – infrastructure, public safety, and essential services. Budgets must be balanced and focused on providing improved street, water, sewer, and public safety services.
I have been a principled advocate for West Houston residents.
- Citizens should keep as much of our hard-earned money as possible.
- I will be a conservative watchdog for taxpayers who will fight to keep taxes low, streamline government, and reduce spending wherever practical.
- Potholes are a symptom of poor financial management and irresponsible budgetary policies.
- I will seek creative, cooperative solutions to ensure our infrastructure is not allowed to crumble.
PRO BUSINESS, PRO HOUSTON
- A free enterprise system based on individual initiative and incentives is a requirement for a strong local economy.
- I will encourage the best possible business climate for economic development and the creation of good jobs and work to streamline the burdensome, antiquated permitting processes that stifles smart growth.
LAW ENFORCEMENT: TOUGH ON CRIME
- Citizen safety is the City of Houston’s top priority.
- I will fight to ensure public safety officers receive appropriate and fundable compensation and benefits and the proper equipment to do their jobs. I will fight to support an increased police presence in our neighborhoods and on our streets and also advocate ending policies that limit the role law of enforcement officers in enforcing immigration laws.
PRIVATIZATION AND PARTNERSHIPS
- The private sector should be an integral partner in the efficient performance of city services.
- I support reviewing services which may be privatized for effectiveness and efficiency and will monitor smooth transitions to the private sector, and I support partnering with Harris and neighboring counties to provide unnecessarily duplicated services.
- Private property rights must be protected from excessive taxation, excessive regulation, and government waste.
- I will fight to ensure that property owners are fairly represented in city decisions.
STRONG NEIGHBORHOODS - STRONG CITY
- A strong central downtown district and even stronger neighborhoods are vital to our continued growth and quality of life.
- I support enhancements to the City's deed restriction enforcement and neighborhood beautification projects.
- Government should promote, not prevent, an environment conducive to supporting strong families.
- I will take the action necessary at City Hall to boldly support our families.
OPPORTUNITIES AND OPTIMISM
- The strength of Houston lies in the optimism and entrepreneurial spirit of our citizenry.
- I will work to ensure opportunities abound for all Houstonians.
- We must all invest our time and effort in our community.
- I will continue to be an active citizen who serves causes I believe in and will work to promote community involvement among all citizens of Houston.
OPEN DOOR POLICY
- Government serves the people; People do not serve government.
- I will hold frequent town hall meetings focusing on items of concern to our community, including deed restriction enforcement, traffic concerns, neighborhood safety, and city services, and I will have an open door policy for all citizens of Houston to voice opinions and be heard.